Monday, March 20, 2006

History of our blog

Last Saturdays ‘s telegraph weekend edition carried an article on blogging that’s when I thought that I must share it with all of u abt having a blog of our group though I had read about blogs many years ago read others blogs but never thoughtof being a part of one, that very evening satya,doel, nitin and I were at inox city centre when I suggested the idea of having one. Doel was quite excited , nitin said he knew some one who had one and he could find a way to start one. I thought as usual it would be one my ideas which would not see the light of day like many before (from participating in the Kolkata marathon or going for a trip to goa with doel last year) fortunately for doel’s persistence guess being in HRd and following up for everything has become her natural self she wrote a mail to nitin to start the blog before he left for Chennai .He informed that thin client did not support the url so I thought of venturing into realm of creating (not being a thin client user)a blog which is so unlike me considering my it skils which is better than sudipto mullik’s I think.

Typed blog on google voila ! was directed to site which taught how to create a blog in3 steps, it was already 6.30 pm so had to complete it in jiffy but could not get a better name than RDbfriendz (sorry pals) speaks volumes abt my creativityRDB –a movie close to our hearts we all know why coz we had gone for the movie on 28th jan with a lot of prior planning for tickets, 3 of us ended up buying the music that very evening and a day does not pass by without hearing the anthem rubaroo on my laptop on popular request by my team mates..Friendz -apart from the relationship that bind us , has significance coz we bought the friends collection for mads& Oni coincidentally from the same shop where we bought the RDB cassettes.
Folks forgive me for not thinking abt a more creative /whacky name, of course doel famous for her creative writing and witty one liners was asked too,even she could nt think of something better at that time.
I have never seen any body laugh like her, the most amazing part is that even when she is down she can laugh out loud , always thought she should be in the media not only because she can write so well but because of her good looks too, though she is oblivious of it. Shares my passion for good food and good times in life Dear doel I think you should write a book some day, before I forget if any of you need a shopping guide no one like her. She ended up spending 55k in a year buying from west side itself. .

Madhusree – love her’ in your’ face attitude , looks gorgeous in fact feel she resembles sushmita sen though I hate when people say you look like x , y ,z.thank her for her focused approach towards making our raichak trip happen which I would think was the beginning of our group outings & made me realise how happy I am when I am with u guys. Love her infectious spirit & energy .

Nitin- My traveling partner till he leaves for Chennai, we have discussed about innumerable issues under the sun on our way back home, he has a lust for learning which is quite infectious, hope his passion to travel to offbeat destinations like ulan bator comes true some day, pls don’t let your ideas go to waste .Consider myself lucky to have you as a friend.

Rajdip- Cant forget your introduction on the first day how you laughed after every sentence , never thought that we could be such good friends till we ended up chatting in Radisson the whole night (disturbing mads&Oni),admire your maturity at such a young age at the same time your sense of humour ,. Impressed with your efforts on the bham presentation, hope to see many more .


Raj- Relate to you because of your love for music, theatre , films, traveling and concern for social causes. And of course Some place else, hope ur ideas just don’t disappear in thin air but end up in something concrete. By Jove you are prolific when it comes to writing, after seeing a movie like byathikromi wonder how you could write 1000 words on it.


Satya- The butt of all our Bhaam jokes , know how much u dislike them ,our stress buster in the ever so stressful life in ma foi, you are an asset to your friends, you are genuinely concerned abut them. By the way if any one needs any advice on anything related to exercising or weights he is the one to contact ,he once made a fitness chart for me in 5 minutes which if I had put to use, I could have been a model for the VLCC ads .

There are 2 non ma foites who need to be mentioned about Suangana (ex mafoite) , now a media person has become to busy with her channel going on air on 27 mar that she is not present in most of our hangouts , earlier my sounding board on our way back home, very quiet , there have been 30 minute journeys from office to salt lake where we have spoken for 5 minutes hardly, keen observation and shares my views on women’s lib.
And Anindya Sundar Basu- o don’t think there is a person in cal who does not know him, in our trips to city centre every minute we have come across some body who knows.
Speaks volumes abt his PR skills. Cant forget his rendition of tash goru which is a sure shot solution to any kind of depression

Folks Starting a blog is one thing but continuously , updating and maintaining it has to be a pledge which each of us needs to take .

Wanted to end with a quote close to my heart

Har kisiko muqqammal jahan nahi milta
Kabhi zameen to kabhi aasman nahi milta

1 Comments:

Blogger friendz said...

My dear Priyanka,Its a brilliant piece of writing.. I was not aware that you write so well... kaa-ke chede kaa-ke bolbo... all of you..
About your views towards me, I agree with all that you have written... I enjoyed every bit of it..Its very true that I treasure my friends.. I liked the part whre u mentioned of me being the stress buster.For me if someone Starts a day with a smile and get it over with then there is nothing like it.

"A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home".

Keep smiling dear...

March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home