Saturday, April 29, 2006

A long time gone

A long time gone since I posted my first writting on the bloge.............even these are not new some of you have read the poems .........some about to .........

As ur eyes scroll down u would encounter two rhythmic flow of words …….. Their quality as a poetry is under the realm of meaningful debate and I would welcome the same ………..but I would like to declare that all of them are drawn from true experiences of my life …..the pain , the euphoria, the struggle , the gloominess are all real . ……..


“Her Eyes” is about a girl whom I know ..she was going through a low in her life ……..I met her at a coffee bar , a few days back…..since then her eyes have been haunting me……..this poem is dedicated to those eyes which in their apparent silence narrated a life in atrophy …………

“Her Eyes”

I looked into her eyes
My sight piercing them in search of the untold
Have you ever tasted tears
It’s like swallowing your pain
I turned away and looked again
Behind the great torment of an abortive life
Were a thousand roses in bloom.

Behind her eyes, behind her eyes
So deep so lonely inside
Was a lady unknown
Was a speech without words
Resplendence of love in the darkest of the dark
Behind her eyes, behind her eyes
She was sitting in the middle of the night
Groping her corpse in search of life.

the next “Being Myself” is about my walking the talk……. I often keep on saying “be yourself”…….this poetry is about my journey of being myself…………and through the journey I realized that being myself in all the situations of life is probably the most difficult thing to be……….to have the courage and honesty to be ourselves under any situation is difficult, very difficult, but through my own experience I can tell you , true freedom can only be experienced when you are yourself…….the liberation , the freedom , the happiness that you get by being yourself is far far greater than any material gain which you could have earned by being the other way……….believe me all of us are “only happy “ when we are ourselves……….we seek company of people with whom we can be ourselves and when we don’t get them by our side we are feel desolated even in a crowed of “so called friends’………I have been through the whole experience myself and I know the pain behind that false smile we try hard to keep when we fail to be ourselves but are constantly trying hard to believe that we are happy the way we are………I dedicate this poem of mine to all the people with whom I can be myself …………..infact I have come to believe that only those relations stand the test of time in which both the persons have “ come as they are”

“Being Myself”

I kissed all my renegades and walked on
I traveled through the darkness of my soul,
in search of the star hidden for a thousand night behind the clouds

I smouldered through my pain,
I sailed passed the mayhem of my mind,
I fought every night with my daily lies

I died a thousand deaths before I lived again
I traveled passed my strident cries for self appeasement
into the eternity of my inner serene

I traveled through miles and miles of solitude
in search of myself
I tore apart the façade I lived for years
I came out of my million years of atrophy
In course of my journey, my journey
of being myself.


Regards
Raja

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home